WELCOME TO PARTNERS IN RECOVERY
Lifeline Darling Downs and South West Queensland is coordinating the delivery of the Partners in Recovery (PIR) program in the Darling Downs and South West Queensland region. An innovative consortium model brings 10 leading NGO’s together, employing 18 PIR staff in 12 sites. We are excited to be working towards better outcomes for people living with mental illness, improving referral pathways, and creating positive system change in the sector.
WHAT IS PARTNERS IN RECOVERY?
PIR aims to support people with severe and persistent mental illness with complex needs and their carers and families, by getting multiple sectors, services and supports they may come into contact with (and could benefit from) to work in a more collaborative, coordinated and integrated way.
The PIR program is the mechanism that will ‘glue together’ all the services within the region than an individual may require.
The ultimate objective of the initiative is to improve the system response for Participants through;
• better coordination of services tailored to meet the participants individual needs
• strengthening partnerships and building better links between clinical and community support organisations
• improving referral pathways
• promoting a community based recovery model
• supporting eligible participants to apply for a package with the National Disability Insurance Scheme
Partners in Recovery is not a case management model and does not provide direct clinical service delivery.
The PIR funding is transitioning to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The PIR program has been extended until 30 June 2019 to support the NDIS rollout.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR PARTNERS IN RECOVERY?
• The Participant must be 18 years and over
• The Participant must experience a severe and persistent mental illness
• The Participant has complex identified needs requiring services from multiple agencies
• The Participant must not have existing care coordination arrangements in place
• The Participant or their legal guardian has indicated their willingness to participate in the PIR program
WHO DELIVERS PIR?
The Darling Downs South West Qld Partners in Recovery program is delivered through a consortium partnership led by Lifeline Darling Downs and South West Qld Ltd who are providing the overall management of this program. The consortium consists of 9 other partners who are all responsible for managing the Care Coordination of Participants needs through Support Facilitators.
To make a referral or access further information visit our local PIR consortia web page at: http://www.partnersinrecovery.net.au