Community Managed Mental Health is a service which provides direct and personalised assistance through a tailored support service, providing practical support, identifying referral pathways and linking with appropriate services and monitoring and reporting progress.
This service assists people living with a mental illness to maintain key organisational and other relationships, which facilitate independence and allow them to make decisions meaningful to them. The program aims to increase access and equity for clients within a ‘collaborative recovery model of psychosocial rehabilitation’.
This is achieved by:
- Identifying and planning a recovery orientated pathway which meet the needs of service users.
- Providing regular non-clinical support and assist to assess their needs and resources.
- Connecting and advocating for service users with other community services and agencies.
- Enable service users to achieve independence.
- Providing support, advocacy and information to our service users with the use of the recovery process.
This program is funded by Queensland Health.
This program is offered in Charleville and appointments can be made by calling 1300 991 443.